Thursday, April 21, 2011

Day 9: 30 Day Photo Challenge

I find myself already slipping down the slippery slope of neglecting my challenge to myself.

BUT! In my defense: I have been ILL. Almost 4 weeks ago (on a Tuesday), I went to the dr with what I thought was maybe an infected bug bite. It started out as a pimple and then my face BALLOONED up...embarrassingly. He said it may be an infection of some sort, though probably not a bug bite; took a swab and sent it off to the lab. In the meantime, he said I have a "strep-like infection" on my throat; gave me antibiotics, and sent me on my way.

10 days of antibiotics later, the infected part of my face (have I mentioned this is on my FOREHEAD?!?!) had not gone away, and I called the Doctor again. 13 days after my first appointment, I saw a different dr; one that I had not seen before. He took 1 look at my face and said, "it's a cyst. It needs to be surgically removed." He then gave me the name of an ENT who, he said, would be great at not leaving a scar. I made the appointment for May 10.

This was this past Monday. On Wednesday, my face again ballooned up, and I called the doctors office again. By this point, I'm really frustrated, because, I'm not sure if you noticed, but I never mentioned what that swab came back to say. That's because I did not hear until Wednesday. Yesterday.

Anyway, yesterday, I spoke with a nurse on staff, who then told me the swab came back for a staph infection, but the original antibiotic should've taken care of it. When I told her that nothing had changed, I heard a silence on the other end that made me think she was rolling her eyes at the phone or at least making faces.

Then she asked me a couple of questions about the infected area, and what it looks like, and put me on hold for a few minutes while she talked with the original doctor who took the swab.

She came back and said that they were going to try a stronger antibiotic, and see if that works. I asked about the cyst. Now here's the fun part:

There MAY be a cyst underneath this ooey gooey infected mess, but we can't know for sure until the infection is gone. I have taken my second dose of antibiotic, which has taken some of the ballooning feeling, and made me more EXHAUSTED, but, I don't yet see too much of a difference in my face.

I'm not a very beautiful person. My face should never and will never grace the covers of any magazine (unless that magazine is about an infected mass on a persons face), but I hope to God that I at least look somewhat normal. I almost don't care about a scar. Maybe I should. I don't know. I just want to be well!

And on that note:

My Day 9 challenge: A picture of the person who has gotten you through the most:




Jesus. While I don't know what he really looks like, I know what I envision him to look like. He doesn't look like any of the pictures that you pull up when you Google Jesus Christ images.

He also has been there for me through thick or thin. Even when I don't think he is, there He is.

Thank You for always being there for me. I love you Lord!

No comments: