Sunday, November 23, 2008

down days

sometimes, i have what i call, "down days."

i had one of those today. i'm not fully convinced that i feel completely better...

i had a rough night last night.

combine that with waking up this morning to go to a place where i had to struggle to feel like i belong....didn't make for a promising morning...

i have a ministry idea, but am a little scared to attempt what i have in mind.

i have a desire to get involved, but with what i've experienced, i don't know if i can go through it all over again.

last christmas was wonderful at this place. now...i wonder what to expect for the christmas dinner this year.

we learned this morning to give thanks in all things:

"Thank you Lord for the family you have given me...and thank you for the husband you've given me. thank you for our disagreements as they make us stronger. and more importantly...thank you Lord, that i have someone who loves me...and that the generational curses being held onto my family are stopping with us. Thank you for your true faithfulness--even when we are so unfaithful!"

some news:

i'm learning more sign language. one thing that i would like to do in the new year is interpret for my sisters-in-law at church. so, i'm going through the process of learning the appropriate signs.

pray for me please! that i can retain the signs i learn!

thanks all!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry I wasn't more aware of how you were feeling y'day. I was so distracted, waiting for someone to stop by and take our gifts to SC, to the friends that we didn't get to visit. I was in and out, then we had to leave fast to make it to the memorial. Hang in there...We'll all make it through. Better and stronger than before, I hope.

Unknown said...

Jodi,

You know what I'm going to say. You're a great person and you should go for it. Go back to school and take more ASL classes. JMU and UVa have excellent beginning courses. By the way, have you ever finished your bachelor's degree?

I'll be happy to help you with religious signs, which is usually not taught in these classes, because they're highly specialized. Do you have a videophone or a web camera?

Let me know via Facebook.

Love, Beth