Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas!

I had a wonderful Christmas...and I wasn't sure if i would until yesterday sometime. I was experiencing a lot of holiday stress and was letting it affect me. After talking with a very VERY dear friend, I spent some time praying (during work and after), and realized that Jesus doesn't care. He loves me. He lived and died for my salvation...not so that I can have a clean and organized home, or bake that perfect pie under the most imperfect of conditions, or be completely comfortable in the most uncomfortable conditions.

He came. He lived. He died. He conquered. He rose again.

What perfection!

There's a little girl I'm asking all of you to pray for, Mary Furr. Her mom is Margaret Furr and her blog is: http://margaret-robertslife.blogspot.com/2009/12/christmas-eve.html

Meanwhile, the spoiling continues! Jacob COMPLETELY spoiled me for Christmas!

I KNEW I was getting a Pampered Chef Deep Covered Dish Baker. And that alone was more than half our budget. But he COMPLETELY surprised me with a jewelry armoire! I have been wanting one since i was probably close to 12. it's about 2.5-3 feet tall, dark colored wood, and is absolutely wonderful! I did not expect that at all! i already put all my jewelry in it, and can't wait to fill it up!

our day was very full, but very relaxed and very enjoyable! i loved having the time to enjoy our family and really enjoyed hanging out with my in laws! i've been awake since 6 AM and it is now 10:30, and knowing i have to get up at 6:30 tomorrow morning (at the latest!), i'm wiped. but it's a good kind of wiped out. :-) I'm content!

2 comments:

Margaret said...

aww-so glad you got pampered! Merry Christmas and thanks for your prayers and support

Morgan said...

Ben and I bought a camcorder together as our Christmas to each other--and that was our budget...and then he surprised me too! I got a new ring with beautiful little sapphires in it. He said it's in honor of the new baby...awwww. Good husbands!