Friday, March 27, 2009

more random musings...

yesterday, i went to a funeral. I wonder if i'll see Big Lou in Heaven one day, but since right now i don't know, i'm not going to assume anything.

but as i sat there, in what was not only the nicest service i've been to in a year (last year was my grandfathers...that was pretty nice too!), it was also a very weird service. The minister OBVIOUSLY didn't know Big Lou. She pronounced his name wrong (last name: Ioia. try it...but it doesn't have an "n" anywhere in that name), in the program, instead of listing his name, it said, (and i quote) "name." PLUS, the committal was written out word for word, and it was rediculously long and redundant.

so...sitting there listening (and reading), i wondered, "I wonder what God is doing and thinking about this right now." I mean, Big Lou's body wasn't ours to begin with...yet, we're committing his body to the Lord?? I'm sure God had a chuckle at that...

But, since i'm not aware of Lou's relationship with Jesus, He was either laughing and dancing, or sobbing over the loss of one more child.

"Lord, penetrate my heart!"

~*More Random Musings!!*~

Australia is probably one of the best movies i've seen in a LONG time!

sometimes i despise old men. especially those that come into work. 3 of them told me (in their own special way) that i was moving too slow for them. this was after taking care of 8 customers with an average of 2 drinks per customer and a pretzal each, by myself, in a 6-10 minute period.

d-bags.

the other thing: why do you come in 3 times a day and make the same comments about the same things that you KNOW i can't change or do anything about it any faster.

don't ask me how much i make. my boss, my husband and only i know what that is. why would i tell a complete stranger?

"Jodi....THINK before you speak!"

After a conversation with my best friend, i've learned that my God is a *CrAzY* God. how else could my husband and i have gone through a lay-off for 2 months, the emotional trauma, the psychological trauma, the spiritual trauma, and soo much more in our first NINE months of marriage, ONLY to come out stronger than ever? because our God is a *CrAzY* God!

How else could i realize that yes, i could live without my husband if i needed to...but i have NO DESIRE to do so!

everytime we leave each other, whether its going to work or church at separate times, or something else that parts us, whenever we're in a hurry, sometimes i think:

"what if he doesn't come back?"

UGH!

what a horrible thought!!

But, it helps me to be thankful for everyday! everyday that we're together is another day that i love! if i don't want to get up to walk across the room to give him a kiss goodbye, that thought runs through my head.

i don't want to miss an opportunity for my husband to know that i love him more than anything else in this world.

so...

where does these random thoughts leave me for today?

lost. i had a point.

oh well.

No comments: