Monday, December 1, 2008

under the weather

soon after church yesterday, i started feeling the effects of a migrane.

took some medicine, and prescribed myself some rest.

rest did not come as i suffered through the annoying affects of a fever. my body was a steaming hot (i don't have a thermometer, so i don't know the temperature exactly, but jacob said i was burning up), while i shivered from the cold.

i thought that going to bed would help, but i would get cold, put lots of blankets on, then get hot. unbearably hot. so i was constantly shifting. i'm surprised my poor husband got any sleep.

i battled nausea last night, and battled it some today. ate half of a bowl of cereal, and then didn't eat anything until dinner, which jacob made.

i probably shouldn't have eaten dinner, because now i just feel sick. i think soup and crackers are in store for me tomorrow...

i think it's the flu. but i'm not sure. i just take it moment by moment.

hopefully i will feel better in the morning, because i do have to work.

i tried calling in, and they said, "call around, see if anyone can take your shift." i did, no one can/will, or have called me back, so, i'll probably end up going in and hoping that i can get off early.

hope you all are well!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So sorry you are ill. I hate the flu. Yuck, yuck.

I just went over to visit Jacob's grandmother and invited her to the party on Saturday. B went with me and when she offered me a cup of coffee, he accepted for me. So grown up. He sat and patiently listened while we had a visit.

Hope you're on the UP and UP...