Sunday, March 27, 2011

a test in customer service by a customer

On Saturday, we were supposed to pick up Matthew's car seat (ya know, the evil forward facing ones that will grow with him).

We ordered it on March 14 from Walmart.com. I received an email confirmation stating that the order would arrive (site-to-store for free shipping) between March 18-March 25.

Sometime in that week, I received an email saying that the package was "delayed in transit".

I don't know what that means....but a few day later i got another email saying that the new expected arrival date was March 26. Yesterday.

at 6:17 am, i got another email (and i got all excited thinking that it was at the store), saying it was AGAIN delayed in transit. This time, it is delayed in transit 20 minutes away from my VERY HOUSE, and the tracking site says it is "in transit to store."

it has been in transit to the store since March 23rd. it is now, March 27. it does NOT take 4 days to go from Mt. crawford to harrisonburg.

Now, i'm very irritated. annoyed. frustrated. i have not received my car seat, and i kinda sorta need it.

BUT....i called the customer service number on the email, and explained the emails to her. after a couple of minutes, she told me that within 24 hours (that time is up, by the way) i would receive a call from the store (which i haven't), explaining where my package is.

she also gave me $10 off my order.

the ironic thing: i did not yell. or scream. or place blame. all i wanted to know was what was the hold-up.....

i still don't know where it is, but, i do know that when i call back, using a calm voice and using facts rather than letting my emotions get the best of me will get me more places, than yelling at someone who is just trying to provide for their family.

Thank you Walmart.com!

No comments: