Friday, August 13, 2010

thought i post quick

Work is calling, so this is going to be a quick post.

we are one month away from beach vacation, 3 weeks away from matthew turning 5 months old, and about 18 years away from getting a good nights rest.

one thing i've learned over the last few months:

take EVERYTHING and EVERYONE with a grain of salt. No matter what anyone says to you, you cannot put any weight in it.

for example: the stories i've heard from family members about someone saying horrible things about me behind my back may be completely false. where as, someone who i never would've thought, is saying things equally as bad.

to put any expectations on anyone is bad. for example: my friends who say they will show up at a certain time at a certain place...they will notoriously be late. and that's ok. or they may not show up at all. but...there is grace and understanding.

I plan on living my life with the expectations i would have for everyone else, but just for me. there is grace. people are human. they are imperfect.

although sometimes i just want to scream, "i'm tired of being so forgiving!" but, i remember...if Jesus hadn't been so forgiving...i wouldn't be here.

killing my fleshly desires, to be more like Jesus...

and to leave you with cuteness:


2 comments:

Morgan said...

Orrrr they show up in the middle of a horrible storm where trees split and they come dashing into your house with a baby and nothing else...except the pouring rain that comes in with them. hehe. But I think you're on the right track with your thinking!

Jodi said...

haha...and i just realized my HORRIBLE spelling and grammar...great.