Saturday, October 25, 2008

rainy days and mondays...

or so the song goes....

today was actually a really beautiful day. it rained, which isn't always fun, but the view of the weather from my house was truly beautiful! The clouds hovered over Massanutten, and when they lifted all you could see were the beautiful colors that remained on the trees. unfortunately my camera doesn't do well with lots of moisture in the air, so, no pictures, however, just imagine a beautiful mountain covered by fluffy clouds and then beautiful colors in a clear sky later on in the day.

if only words could express the beauty that surrounds us...

One of my dear friends came over for a late breakfast this morning. we had so much fun catching up with things! she's the most recent (after me) to get engaged of my group of High school friends...and we're also (distantly) related!!

i don't have many friends...and the few i do have i rarely get to see, and there is a smaller few who i consider friends- but i think i'm being a bit generous when i call them friends.

but Kim, my friend, is a true friend. she's there for me, i called her at one point when i was at a very low place, and she sat on the phone with me while i cried and talked my way into a paper bag and got stuck, and prayed with me for help to get out of that paper bag...

i only hope that she knows i'm there for her whenever she needs me to be.

i know that i am truly blessed, because i do have people that love me...i couldn't even begin to name them all, but thank you! I know you are reading, and you know who you are.

God is good. hm...yes in deed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love you. Friend. Call me anytime. Real friends can laugh and cry. Can have fun and be serious. Just let me know when you need an ear. A shoulder. A paper bag? Not sure what that one is...Love you!