Sunday, January 4, 2009

christmas and new years as a new wife

i know that christmas has been over for a while, but our first christmas was CRAZY!

it all started on the 21st of Dec. we went to my family for christmas dinner and opening presents. at first, it was a little tense, b/c apparently my mom and sister both had bad mornings. i got snapped at as soon as i walked through the door, which put me in a mood of "fine. be that way. but don't talk to me about it."

but they got over it and i spent most of my time watching football with the guys anyway.

then, i worked monday and tuesday and a little christmas eve morning. after work christmas eve, i went home and got things together for my extended family's dinner in churchville. my aunt Gay just bought a new house, and this thing was way ginormous!

This is her stairwell:











anyway....it was huge. my pictures don't do the house justice.

anyway, after dinner we went home and slept! well...more like crashed!

we woke up christmas morning:

and look what santa brought me for christmas!!!











actually, jacob bought me a new camera for christmas and this was me trying it out a couple of times.

we had TONS of fun christmas day. after we exchanged our own gifts, we went to my mother in laws for christmas. it was really interesting to see how another family does it and for the first time to be involved with it. this was the first time i haven't seen my family on christmas. it was a little difficult, but i managed.

after my mother in laws, we went to my father in laws. chaos. there was chaos at my mother in laws too, but it was all very very different.

then afterwards we went to my husbands uncles house. i was so exhausted, that i was ready to crash. i'm used to crashing in the afternoon on christmas day. i didn't get to bed until MIDNIGHT! i was EXHAUSTED!

i think i'm still trying to catch up on sleep. :o)

new years we had a few people over. it was so much fun to be around people who love us and who we love as well. we were able to see some fireworks from down the street (for free!), and we opened champaigned and sparkling cider. it was a joy!

so...that's about it! Jacob has a job interview tomorrow at Rosetta Stone, so we're praying for favor!

Blessings to each of you in the new year!

No comments: