Monday, August 29, 2011

updates for all

Since I've been posting most of my medical updates about my mom on facebook, I've not seen the need to post much on here.

So, for those who aren't on FB, I will post an update here.

Forgive me any mess-ups. I had a rather large glass of white wine with dinner, and I believe it has affected me WAY more than I had intended.

My Mom had her PET scan and bone scan. Both came back CLEAN. Meaning that as far as *they* know, the cancer has not yet spread. But they want to act fast.

Mom had a second opinion with UVA; one she rather liked. In fact, she is moving forward with the dr at UVA rather than RMH. UVA is offering her the option of an internal bladder in place of an external, which is an option she would rather deal with.

Basically:

All they have to do is remove her bladder. Then, as long as surgery goes as planned, and they do not find anymore cancer anywhere else, she will be CURED.

CURED.

As in, no more cancer.

as in, no chemo, no radiation, she will have all her hair and not be sick, and she won't have to worry about cancer spreading to other parts of her body.

CURED.

When they go in for the surgery (right now scheduled for Sept. 9), she will have her bladder and a few other non essential organs removed. So, pray that the cancer has not spread, and that the surgery goes well.

i kinda don't even want to bother with an update for my job b/c it seems all superfluous after hearing that my mom is going to be (speaking it out in faith) cured of cancer.

but, jobs going well. it's tough, and it'll take me several weeks/months to get the hang of it. but prayers for me during rush would be greatly appreciated. :o)

CURED!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is WONDERFUL news on your mom Jodi! I am glad to hear it... and I will send prayers up for you and the job! I understand how rude people can be during the "rush"

ladaisi said...

Wow. And what's the latest news? You've been in my prayers.