Sunday, September 19, 2010

Beachin'

We just got back from a beautiful trip to the beach. Emerald Isle, North Carolina. It was the most beautiful time to go. It rained a little bit the first day we were there, and got a little cloudy the day we left, but every other day was blue skies, mid 80s to low 90s, NO humidity, and bright sunny skies.

We lathered up with some SPF 50, and braved the sun for a little bit. Anyone who knows me knows if I'm exposed to the sun for longer than 30 seconds, I'm a lobster.

I only got a little sunburned on my legs the day before we left.

Matthew did really good. Well, better than expected. I started to get frustrated by Thursday because I spent more time inside wishing to go outside than I did...doing anything else. It is really hard to enjoy the "great outdoors" when you have a nursing newborn. While he is a FANTASTIC baby, THE LAST THING this momma wants is sand in places sand should not be...and having a child eating and rubbing....ugggggggggggh. PASS. So I would wait til after he ate. Well, then he would get sleepy, so I'd have to rock him to sleep. Then I wasn't about to leave him in the house when me or Jacob weren't in there. And there's no way I was going to enjoy myself in taking the monitor down to the beach; I'd be worried I couldn't hear it and so I would have it up to my ear the whole time.

If I was going to be miserable, I'd rather be miserable inside where the AC rained supreme and the food was plentiful.

The other great thing about vacation:

It COMPLETELY interrupted Matty's sleep patterns. He went from sleeping through the night to...maybe a few hours here and there...and if I was lucky, MAYBE to 4 am? Most of the time, I'd have to nurse him and PRAY he went back to sleep; for the most part, he did.

The CRAZY thing: Jacob slept through him screaming even when Matty was 6 inches from Jacob's head. HOW in the WORLD?!?!

Matthew is such a GREAT kid. We started him on rice cereal. He took to it pretty well, but since we got home, not so much. We will have to try again tomorrow...and by "we," I mean Jacob, because I'm working until 9:30. :o)

Have fun, babe!!

1 comment:

ladaisi said...

I know what you mean! Isaac was a bit difficult at the beach the first couple times we took him because, you know, he could only be outside from like 8 till 11...if it weren't for naptime I'd have to be inside during the prime tanning hours! Which I guess would save me skin cancer in the long run anyway. But just wait till Matt is walking - he'll love the beach then! Isaac thought it was great - a huge expanse to just RUN! Without looking where he was going.