Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Our darling baby boy!



These are the 20 week ultrasound pictures of our beautiful baby boy!

I was scared to learn what was growing and kicking inside of me was a boy...honestly. I am far more comfortable with a girl, however, I knew deep DEEP down that God was going to give us a boy.

I could sit here and say, "Just my luck...of course He would give us a boy to challenge me and my thinking and teaching..."

But that is not the case.

The whole reason I knew...

I dreamed a dream.

I know this may be silly to some of you...

Many years ago, before Jacob and I were even dating, I had a dream.

I didn't admit to myself that I had feelings for this man...let alone to anyone else, until I had this dream.

It wasn't anything glamorous. But it involved my husband and a little boy sitting on a couch in a house and me, carrying a laundry basket.

I didn't know at the time it was a promise from God. Then, we got married. I started to clue in.

"Maybe this is something bigger than us."

Yes. We are but small grains of sand.

This baby boy of ours is another evidence of God's promise! Almost saying, "I haven't forgotten."

Don't neglect your dreams. They may be selfish. They may be materialistic. They may be down-right silly. But they may be from God. And those dreams, when lived out, are much better than to be expected.

1 comment:

Margaret said...

so cute! I love my boy and I know you are going to love yours too! Yeah for little boys!